The word musing means contemplation or reflection. The title of this weekly feature might lead one to believe that they are about to read something deep and meaningful. Ha! Most weeks you are going to read about something J did, something my brother said, some strange person on the bus, random facts about Bret Michaels or some other such nonsense. I’m sorry if the title is deceptive…it’s not meant to be. I’m also sorry that I can’t live up to the name…I’m just not that deep. See below for proof…
- On Sunday I watched a lot of Bravo. Every other commercial they showed was the ASPCA commercial with the poor puppies and kittens who were abused or abandoned. One of the kitties has a little cast on its leg. They all look so sad and I want to adopt them all. They just kill me and make me so mad at the same time. I mean, how can you look at those little adorable faces and hurt them or abandon them? People who don’t like animals suck. Also, the people who make those commercials suck too.
- Yesterday at the grocery store I bought a People magazine just so I could read the article on the Duggars and judge them. Because those people? Are assholes. I mean seriously…what is she going to do…keep going until she dies? And leaves all those kids without a mother? Enough is enough people. Time to start watching more TV and having less sexy time.
- So I’ve told you about my new neighbors. They are a bit strange but, overall, very nice. The thing is, the husband always asks to speak to J when he needs something. Like last night when he came over to ask us to move our cars this morning so he could have a dumpster delivered. But J wasn’t home so he had to talk to me. It made me giggle, because he really needs to figure out that I’m the one who makes the decisions around here. Also…I’m the nice one. He’ll learn that eventually.
- I was buying cold cuts at the supermarket the other night and the guy next to me was trying to decide what he wanted. He sampled about 12 different things before deciding on some Monterrey Jack cheese. First he asked for half a pound. Then he asked for 4/10 of a pound. So the woman cut him 4/10 of a pound. She went to wrap it up and he asked for 5 more slices. She cut the 5 slices and again went to wrap it up. Then he asked for 3 more slices. After she cut those, he asked for one more slice. Really, dude? One more slice. Is it really going to make a difference? People are freaking strange.
- We order from Outback a lot and every time we do they forget to put something in the bag. Every. Single. Time. How hard is it to double-check the list? Isn’t taking the time to double-check the list better than having me come back raving like a lunatic because my salad dressing was missing? I’m cranky when I’m hungry, people. And that dressing? It’s the reason I order from you in the first place. Don’t think I’m not going to upset when it’s missing.
That’s all I have for this week. Actually…I have more, but all hell is breaking loose at work this morning and I have to run. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! See you Monday!