I have to work tomorrow, but then I’m off for the entire week…something I could not be happier about. My stress level at work is normally pretty low, but these last two weeks, it’s been really bad. I work in a really small office…there are only 4 of us…and one of the other gals had a baby on January 3rd. I’m so thrilled for her and the baby is so cute! But she is my right hand…and my bitching partner…and I’m dying without her. I’m counting down the days until she comes back…I cannot wait!!!
So, with a few days off, I should be able to tackle this week’s to do list with no problems. Here it is…
- Renew my driver’s license – this is bad. My license expired on my birthday in December and I actually have to go to the DMV to take an eye test before I can get a new one. But between the holidays, work and my brother’s wedding, I haven’t had any time to go. I’ve been avoiding driving, but it’s starting to be a pain. So I have to go do it while I’m off. No excuses.
- Get my glasses fixed – the last time I got new glasses, they gave me a prescription that was a little too strong. Whenever I wear them, they give me a headache. So I’ve had expensive, new glasses sitting in a case while I wear the old ones. Brilliant…I know. I’m taking those suckers back to get fixed before my eye test at the DMV.
- Renew my CPA license – it’s just that time again and before it expires like my driver’s license I think I should get on it.
- Complete my continuing education for the year – I am required to complete a bunch of hours every year – so is J. Every year, we scramble to get it finished during the last week in December. Well, not this year. This year, I’m getting it out of the way early. I’m going to take an online course to brush up on my mad tax skills just in time for April 15th!
- Prepare for my Thursday meeting – the meeting is a secret for now, but cross your fingers that all goes well and maybe I’ll have some big news to share later in the week!
- Hang up the dog prints and the awesome engrave platter – it took me almost a year to make the dogs’ foot prints with the kit I bought J. I finally did them, but I still haven’t gotten them hung up. I’m going to do that while I’m at it I’m going to hang the awesome engraved platter my brother and sister-in-law gave me for my birthday. It has this great quote about how awesome sisters are and it makes me tear up whenever I read it. It’s got to get hung up so everyone can know how fabulous they are to me.
- Start my 2010 scrapbook – J bought me a Cricut scrapbooking machine for Christmas and the thing is awesome…and I’m a dork, but whatever, I love it. I want to get started on my 2010 scrapbook with all the wedding stuff. It was such a fun way to start the new year.
- Returns, returns, returns – I have a lot of them. I love to buy, but hate to return. However, right now there is way too much stuff here to keep putting it off. I have to take it all back before I can’t any more.
- Research new furniture for the den – I want some kind of desk and modular storage system for in there and I’ve seen a few, but they were either poorly made or really expensive. I’ve got to scour the internets to see if I can find something better.
- Nag J to death until he cleans up the bedroom – his finally unpacked clothes are still in piles all over. There are sweatpants here from his college days…which were 15 years ago. And I think they’ve seen the inside of the dryer too many times, because they look like they might fit me perfectly…but J is about 6 inches taller that I am. On him, they will be capris. I think the punishment for not cleaning up is going to be that he has to wear them to work on Monday!
I’m also really excited – Marisa and I are going to see Hair on Wednesday night. We are going to go have a girls night…dinner and a show. My Cosmo horoscope for this month said that on the 20th I was going to have a wild night out with a friend and we were going to meet some hot men. I think that’s probably not going to happen, but I’m sure we’ll have fun anyway.
Off to bed to snuggle with my puppies. Goodnight everyone!