I stole this from Kristen at After “I Do”. It seemed perfect for my fuzzy, still sick brain. All of the things I’ve done are in bold and the things I’m planning to do are in italics. Of course, I couldn’t help by add my own comments as well.
1. started your own blog – obviously.
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band
4. visited Hawaii
5. watched a meteor shower
6. given more to charity than you could afford to – sometimes I’m a sucker like that.
7. been to Disney – It’s the happiest place on earth! It’s also the first trip J and I took together.
8. climbed a mountain – it was a small mountain…not like Everest or anything. Really it was more of a big hill, but I’m saying it counts.
9. held a praying mantis – it was more that I poked it with a stick to see if it was alive and then I ran away when it actually moved.
10. sung a solo – daily…in the shower.
11. bungee jumped
12. visited Paris
13. watched a thunder and lightning storm
14. taught yourself an art from scratch – crochet is an art, right?
15. adopted a child
16. had food poisoning
17. walked to the top of the statue of liberty – this is pathetic since I’ve lived in NYC my whole life…but I will get there someday
18. grown your own vegetables – the first summer we had the house. I actually ended up with two tomatoes and a zuchini. The squirrels ate the rest.
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. slept on an overnight train – the first time I went to Disney…my grandfather refused to fly so we took the train. NEVER. AGAIN.
21. had a pillow fight
22. hitch hiked
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping
27. run a marathon – it was a half marathon, but it counts.
28. ridden in a gondola in Venice – because the ones at The Venetian in Vegas are just not the same.
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset
31. hit a home run
32. been on a cruise
33. seen Niagara falls in person
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. seen an Amish community
36. taught yourself a new language
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied – the bills are paid and I have an emergency fund…I’m good.
38. seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing
40. seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. sung karaoke
42. seen old faithful erupt
43. bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. visited africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight – J and I used to be all romantic like this.
46. been transported in an ambulance
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep-sea fishing
49. seen the Sistine chapel in person
50. been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling – I’m deathly afraid, but I love fish, so I really want to conquer this fear and go.
52. kissed in the rain
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theater
55. been in a movie
56. visited the great wall of china
57. started a business
58. taken a martial arts class
59. visited russia
60. served at a soup kitchen
61. sold girl scout cookies
62. gone whale watching
63. gotten flowers for no reason – my ex used to send me flowers all the time.
64. donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. been sky diving
66. visited a concentration camp
67. bounced a check – far too many times.
68. flown in a helicopter
69. saved a favorite childhood toy
70. visited the lincoln memorial
71. eaten caviar
72. pieced a quilt
73. stood in times square
74. toured the Everglades
75. been fired from a job
76. seen the changing of the guard in London
77. broken a bone
78. been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. seen the grand canyon in person
80. published a book
81. visited the Vatican
82. bought a brand new car
83. walked in Jerusalem
84. had your picture in the newspaper
85. kissed a stranger at midnight on new year’s eve
86. visited the white house
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. had chickenpox
89. saved someone’s life
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous
92. joined a book club
93. gotten a tattoo
94. had a baby
95. seen the Alamo in person
96. swam in the great salt lake
97. been involved in a law suit
98. owned a cell phone – who doesn’t have one of those?
99. been stung by a bee
I’ve done 36. I hope by this time next year that I’ve got at least 10 more done. Especially #94.