So I managed to do it…to reach my 100th post! When I started this blog I honesty didn’t think anyone would want to read it. Now, here I am, 100 posts later and I still can’t believe that you guys stop by here every day and read the crap I write about. And the comments…are always awesome and helpful and funny and supportive. I love all of your faces off! Seriously.
In order to thank you all properly for supporting me through my first 100, I have a little something for you…
This beautiful necklace is from Creations by Juliann…my new favorite Etsy shop. You have to go over to check out her shop…her stuff is so pretty and romantic and I seriously love it all. While I was there picking out this little lovely, I chose a few items for myself as well. This morning I went over there again (to steal these pictures) and found even more great stuff. Go visit her…I guarantee you will find something you love.
I don’t like a lot of rules, so I’m going to keep this pretty simple..
- Go visit Creations by Juliann and leave me a comment on this post telling me which item is your favorite – 1 entry.
- Post about this giveaway on your blog – 3 entries.
- Come back here every day next week and leave a comment – 1 entry per day.
The contest will be open until next Friday, July 2nd at midnight. A winner will be selected (via Random.org) over the weekend and I will post the results on Monday, July 5th. Good luck.
Now for this week’s random musings…
- There was another ridiculous line in front of Apple this morning…not as long of a line as yesterday, but still significant. Of course, there was also a large crowd on the other side of the plaza by The Early Show set. They weren’t there for iPhones though. They were there to see Alicia Keys. I think that is a much more worthwhile activity.
- J and I are still engaged in the war of the kitchen appliances. Now instead of just moving the same thing back and forth, we have started re-arranging everything…daily. I think the only way for us to end this war is to buy a new house with a bigger kitchen.
- I have had Alejandro by Lady Gaga stuck in my head for about a week. The thing is…I can’t stand that song. Seriously. I know this is a controversial statement…but I’m not a huge fan of Gaga. The ridiculous outfits and the gimmicks and the crazy behavior are things I just cannot get behind. I mean, really…underwear at a Mets game? They play bad enough as it is…they don’t need the additional distraction. And the woman ruined a perfectly good Birkin bag by writing all over it. What is that about? If she didn’t want it, she could have sent it to me. But I digress. I do think she’s got a great voice and I like most of her songs. But Alejandro? I can’t stand it. I think it’s because they play it on the radio here every 5 minutes. On Sunday when I got in the car, it was on two stations at the same time. I’ve mentally changed the words to “Please go away, Please go away, Alejandro.” It doesn’t seem to be working.
- I bought tickets this morning to see Jay-Z and Eminem at Yankee Stadium and I’m soooo freaking excited. They are just about the worst possible seats. I don’t think it’s possible for us to be further away from the stage…by 10:10 they were already sold out! But I’ll be there…September 14th…with my brother and sister-in-law. Yay!!! People seem to be surprised when I divulge that I am a Jay-Z fan. Are you guys surprised? I guess it’s because I also like Sarah McLachlan and sparkly vampires and dresses.
That’s it for this week, dear readers. Sorry this post is so late. My boss is going on vacation next week and it’s super busy here. Plus I was pre-occupied buying concert tickets and it took me a while to get on over here. I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend…
Long live the World Trade, long live the king yo…I’m from the Empire State…