I can’t believe it’s August already. The summer is going by so fast. I thought today would be a good time to update you guys on the progress I’ve been making on my 101 list.
I’ve gotten some things crossed off…
8. Visit the Statue of Liberty…Ally and I did this on her visit to NY. I had always avoided going because there is a lot of waiting in line and going through security, but it was definitely worth the trip. The views were amazing and it was very interesting to see Ellis Island the way my great-grandparents might have seen it.
17. Comment on every blog post I read for a week…I do most of my blog reading during my lunch time and sometimes I just don’t have time to comment. But I love reading the comments people leave me, so I wanted to make more of an effort. For one week, I commented on every post I read and since then I’ve continued to make more of an effort to leave comments for everyone. Some days I do better than others, but I definitely comment more often than I used to.
45. Keep my inbox empty for a month…I have a tendency not to clear emails out of my inbox. I would let them pile up for months, until there would eventually be three hundred of them in there. One day I sat down and cleared them all out. I emailed people back, I bought a few things that I’d been wanting, I forwarded some things and I deleted the rest. And I’m very proud to say that my inbox has been clean since.
53. Go to the zoo in spring to see the baby animals…this was something else we did while Ally visited NY. We saw the most adorable baby monkeys.
I’ve got quite a few things in progress…
18. Crochet an afghan…I’ve been at this one for quite a while. I haven’t gotten very far. I’ve been directing my energies to other things. I’ve got to get back to it and just get it done.
19. Refinish a piece of furniture…I’ve also been at this one for quite a while. I need a few days of nice weather so I can take the table outside on the deck. But first it was too cold and rainy. Now it’s too hot. Hopefully I’ll get it done before the fall.
31. Reach my goal weight…I’ve been at this since February. I had a lot of success since I started Jenny Craig, but I’ve been a little stalled recently. I seem to finally be back on track now and I’ve lost 27.3 pounds to date. Two weeks ago I wore a bathing suit and it looked not awful…so that’s something.
41. Go to five museums…I’ve been to three…The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Ellis Island Museum and The Discovery Times Square Center. I think I want to go to the Museum of Natural History next.
52. Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind…Again…I’ve been at this one a while. I’ve gotten about half of them done. It’s been pretty interesting so far.
57. Get a bra fitting once a year…I’ve done this twice so far, which s more often than planned…but the weight I lost came mostly off my boobs…which made a new fitting necessary.
68. Watch all the movies in my Netflix queue…I’ve seen a lot of movies. Over 100. Amazingly, there are still hundreds on my list. I’ve seen a few good movies, but I’ve seen an awful lot of crappy ones. Stay tuned for more information on this.
72. Read 100 books…I’ve read 36 so far. There were a couple of duds, but most of them have been great. Stay tuned for more info on this too.
83. See 3 Broadway shows…I saw Elf back in December and Ally and I saw The Motherfucker in the Hat in June. I’m going to see Wicked next…trying to get tickets for sometime in August. I can’t wait!
89. Watch one season of Arrested Development, Mad Men and Glee…I started with Arrested Development and I watched 6 episodes. It’s funny. A little stupid…but mostly funny. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.
96. Cook my way through a cookbook…I started this two weeks ago. I’ve made about five of the recipes so far…there are 95 left. I’ve always hated cooking, but I’m actually enjoying it so far. Although it’s a bummer that I’m on Jenny Craig and I can’t eat more than a bite of each dish I make.
I’ve got a few things coming up too…
5. Travel to five places I’ve never been…I’m leaving next Friday for Edmonton to visit Robyn and I’ve got a trip to Lexington, KY planned for October. We’ve also been throwing around the idea of a beach vacation and we might end up going somewhere new then too.
29. Drink 64 ounces of water for 64 days…I had big plans for this during Lent, but it was a miserable failure. I am jumping back on the water bandwagon this week. I’m hoping it will help with my weight loss.
63. Do three blog giveaways…I’ve done two and I have another planned. It’s coming up in the next week or two.
That’s where I am on my list. I’m going to make a big push in August to see how many things I can get crossed off before the end of the summer. Wish me luck!