I’m sure I’ve said this before, but I don’t think I’ve meant it as much as I do this week…thank God it’s Friday!!! Work has been kicking my ass for the last two weeks and for an assortment of reasons I’ve also been going to bed really late every night, so I’m exhausted. I also have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow and plan to spend a good amount of the day lying around on the couch…I’m so excited!!!
Speaking of going to bed late…the reason I was up so late last night is because I was watching the season finale of Grey’s Anatomy. OMG…was that not a crazy episode? I was a freaking wreck…literally sitting on the edge of the couch and completely tense the whole time. What a great season ender…I think the best one on that show so far! Anyone else watch?
Now for this week’s random musings…
- I am a huge fan of Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. I’ve been a huge fan of his since they early days of Poison. I thought he was pretty dreamy when I was a teenager. Of course, now I think he’s sort of a douche, but in a very entertaining sort of way. The thing is, I didn’t realize he was quite so popular. I mean…he was on the cover of People last week and I think he was on Oprah this week or will be next week. I always thought he was kind of a D-lister and now it’s like his brain hemorrhage caused him to become this major celebrity. Or am I wrong and people loved him before this?
- Last night I checked the answering machine to find a message from the hospital calling to schedule J’s procedure. The problem is that J failed to mention that he was having a procedure done. In fact, he failed to mention that he’d even gone to the doctor. This was all news to me. To make things even more fun, he wasn’t home when I got the message and I had to wait two hours for him to come home and tell me what the hell was going on. He’s lucky I didn’t kill him when he walked in the door. Turns out it’s totally minor and something that I’ve been asking him to take care of. He said he was going to tell me once he scheduled the appointment. I still wanted to kill him for making me worry, but I was happy he was finally taking action.
- My friend’s husband bought himself an Audi a few months back and that car is his baby. He parks in two spots in the parking lot of their apartment building and he always parks in the furthest spot so he can be away from all other cars. Well, the parking lot in their building has two levels and the other night another tenant was drunk and drove his car off the top level and right ON TOP of the Audi. The good news is that the doors are still free of dings and scratches. Plus, the car is now a convertible!
- A woman on the bus stared at me during the whole trip this morning. I was chatting with the driver and another passenger, as I do most mornings. This woman who rarely takes the bus got on, sat right across from me and started staring. I don’t know if I offended her with my chatting or what. I am wearing a new necklace from Daisy and Elm so maybe she was just overwhelmed with the sheer beauty of it and couldn’t tear her eyes away. I’m leaning more towards her being a freak though.
- So excited for the Lost finale this weekend. I watched the last two episodes yesterday and I cannot wait to find out how it is all going to end. At the same time I’m so sad to see it go. I’m going to have to find a new show to obsess over next season…any suggestions?
That’s it for me this week. I’m going to get to work and hopefully the day will fly by and I’ll be on the train home before I even know it! I wish everyone a happy and relaxing weekend!