It’s been a while since I updated by 101 list and I’ve crossed a few things off recently. Here’s where I am…
I have until May 30, 2013 to complete the following goals…
Send someone flowers for no reason– Completed 1/11/12…sent flowers to my cousin Marybeth just because she’s awesome. Pay for a strangers meal at a drive-through– Completed 9/3/10…read about it here. Give a microloan through kiva.org– Completed 9/3/10 and it’s been fully repaid! I think I am on my third round of loans now. Find out my blood type and donate blood– Completed 1/11/12…I’m anemic so I wasn’t able to donate…but I donated some cash instead and I will try again. Travel to 5 places I’ve never been– Savannah, GA…Edmonton, AB, Canada…Lexington KY…Macon, GA…Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Take a road trip alone
- Take a walking tour of NYC
Visit the Statue of Liberty– Done during the Shana/Ally NYC extravaganza.
- Spend a weekend in Atlantic City
- Go on vacation with my sister-in-law
- Travel somewhere by train
- Go to Disney World
- Write a novel
- Participate in NaNoWriMo
Participate in NaBloPoMo– Done! Finished on 11/30/11 Redesign my blog– The new design went live on 11/6/11! Comment on every blog post I read for one week– Completed on 3/27/11
- Crochet an afghan using the yarn I’ve had in the closet for a year – In progress…I was about halfway done, but I hated it, so I took it all out and started over.
- Refinish a piece of furniture – In progress…working on re-doing my kitchen set…pictures to follow.
- Use my sewing machine…finally
Take a photography class– Completed…I finished the class on December 21st and I can’t wait to sign up for the next one.
- Take 48 pictures in 1 day and create a photo book of a day in my life
- Do a 365 day photo project – I started this on April 1st. It’s been more work than I thought it would be, but I have some really great shots.
- Create a monthly scrapbook every month for 1 year – I’ve started this also. I’ve been using the pictures from the photo project and it’s coming out great.
- Make a calendar to give as a Christmas gift – This was a goal for this Christmas…but it was an epic fail. Next year for sure.
- Buy a Flip camera and make 1 home movie per week for 1 year – Well…I got the camera for Christmas last year…now I just need to start using it.
- Create a journal of clippings, photos, quotes and other things I love – I bought a SmashBook and I started this project…so far I love it.
- Create an emergency kit for both houses
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day for 64 days straight
- Complete the Couch to 5K program
- Reach my goal weight and stay there – In progress…joined Jenny Craig in Feb 2011 and after a brief hiatus, I’m back on the program.
- Take the dogs on a walk for at least 30 minutes every day for 1 month
- Take a yoga class
- Save $10,000 – I’m making great progress on this. I managed to put a huge chunk of my bonus into savings. I have a way to go, but I’m getting there.
- Pay off all my credit cards in full each month for 1 year – I’ve managed to keep all my balances at zero since January!
Go 1 month without making a non-essential purchase– March was my month and it was pretty successful.
- Sell 5 things on Ebay
- Sell something I make on Etsy
- Study something entirely new
- Conquer a fear
Go to 5 different museums– Done!…The Ellis Island Museum, The Discovery Times Square Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Museum of Sex and The American Museum of Natural History.
- Create a house cleaning schedule and stick to it
- Go to bed at 9PM every night for 1 week
- Wake up at 5AM every morning for 1 week
Keep my inbox empty for 1 month– I started this back in April and it’s lasted much longer than a month.
- Write a will and advanced medical directive
- Write “in case of death” letters
- Pick a day to perform random acts of kindness
Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day– I actually did this twice while I was in Mexico.
- Watch the sunset and the sunrise without going to bed
Get a library card– Completed 1/11/12 Answer the “50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind”– Done…you can read the answers here. Go to the zoo in the spring to see the baby animals– Completed on 5/31/11 with a trip to The Bronx Zoo
- Eat a meal alone in a restaurant
- Go to the movies alone 10 times
- Get a henna “tatoo” on my hands
- Get properly measured and buy 3 really good bras once per year – I actually went twice this year.
- Go to mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Give everyone on my Christmas list a handmade gift– Completed on 12/25/11. Everyone got at least one handmade item this year and it was a huge success. I will be doing this in the future as much as possible.
- Get a bikini wax
Purchase a 1 year subscription to the NY Lottery– Completed 11/22/10…I’ll let you know if I win! Reach 500 blog posts– Today’s post is actually #538! Do three more blog giveaways– 1st (apron), 2nd (12 days of Christmas, which I’m counting as one) and 3rd (Kiva card). Order room service– Done…also while we were in Mexico. Write a love letter– Done on 8/26/11…I gave it to J for his birthday.
- Organize every room of my house – I’m almost there. The kitchen, both bathrooms, our bedroom and the linen closet are done. I just have the guest room and den…which, unfortunately, have the most junk.
- Buy myself a diamond ring (like Oprah’s pinky ring)
- Watch every movie currently on my Netflix queue – In progress…after a cleaning of my list and watching tons of movies I’ve gone from over 400 to just under 200!
- Watch all the movies we own on DVD…even the stupid ones
Meet a blog friend in person– Completed on 10/29/10 when I met the fabulous Ally.
- Go snorkeling
- Read 100 books – Almost finished…88 down.
- Have a girls night once per month
Do a boudoir photo shoot– I did this in February…the results weren’t exactly what I’d hoped for, but it was still a great experience. Visit a psychic– Done…on October 18th. I got some very specific predictions, but I haven’t seen any come true just yet. Spend a day lying in a hammock reading and napping– It wasn’t a hammock…but it fulfilled the spirit of the item.
- Take a walk in the rain
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Build a snowman
- Color an entire coloring book – I got an awesome coloring book and a huge box of crayons and colored pencils for my birthday, so this will be finished soon.
- Carve a pumpkin
- Go on a date with J once per month
See 3 Broadway shows– I saw Elf on 12/4/10, The Motherfucker in the Hat on 5/31/11 and Wicked on 11/15/11
- Go to 5 concerts – 2down…Jay-Z and Eminem on 9/14/10, Sarah McLachlan on 1/12/11, Aerosmith on 7/24/12…I’ve got tickets to see The Rolling Stones and Maroon 5 coming up!
Dress up for Halloween– Completed 10/31/10
- Buy a completely impractical dress just because I love it
- Throw a party
- Go out dancing
Watch season 1 of Mad Men, Glee and Arrested Development– Done! Finished Glee last week. I’ve already discussed my love of Mad Men…and this week I’m going to tell you just why I love Glee so much. Go to a midnight movie premiere– Completed 11/19/10 when I went to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Celebrate Champagne Friday every week for 1 month
- Shoot a gun at a shooting range
Play hooky from work one day for no reason– Did this at the beginning of September…it was fabulous.
- Attend a taping of a TV show
Take the pastry class at ICE– Completed 10/8/10…which you can read about here or here or here
- Cook my way through a cookbook
- Create a signature cupcake
- Put together a recipe book from all the random recipes in the kitchen
- Give a copy of that recipe book to someone as a gift
- Write a blog post about each item I complete on the list
- Write a new 101 list
I was excited to cross so many things off the list recently…but then I counted and I realized that I have so many more things to do and only 6 months in which to do them! I’m a little concerned that I’m not going to finish…but I’m really going to try and I’m going to be really busy in the next few months.
I’ll keep you posted…