I did my random musing posts on Fridays for so long, that it’s been hard for me to remember that I switched to Mondays. This week it was also really hard for me to remember it was Monday. Since I spent most of Saturday napping, my brain just kind of skipped over it…and I spent the whole day yesterday thinking it was Sunday. So I never got this post up. In the interest of keeping my randomness current, I’m posting it now.
- I am not a fan of the female comb over. I think it’s awful in general…but I saw a girl on the subway that took awful to new heights. Her part was so far over that she actually had to hold her head sideways to keep her hair in the comb over. I wanted to tell her that when you have to keep your head sideways in order for your hair to stay in place…it’s probably time to give it up and go with a different style.
- Is sneezing loudly an involuntary thing? There is a man on the train in the morning that must be going through a terrible allergy season…because he sneezes at least ten times per train ride. He always has tissues with him and he covers his mouth and nose, which is nice. But he basically screams when he sneezes. If I’m not expecting it and I’m lost in my book or something, the noise scares the hell out of me. I’m wondering if this is something he can’t help and just how he sneezes or if he’s an obnoxious sneezer. Anyone know?
- When you get on a commuter train in the morning, you know the conductor is going to come by at some point to see your ticket. And yet, there are some people who don’t have the ticket ready and only take it out when he’s standing right next to their seat. Then they start digging through their bag for it. This was an issue on the bus too…people would wait ten minutes at the bus stop and then dig for their pass only when the bus arrived. Why can’t people just be prepared?
- This past weekend, we ordered takeout twice, from two separate restaurants. Both of them left items out of the order. One made me wait 35 minutes past when they said the food would be ready and gave me an attitude when I complained that something was missing. The other tried to charge me for soup that I 1) didn’t order and 2) wasn’t included in the bag of food. Both of them gave the excuse that they were really busy. I’m wondering when being busy became an excuse for poor customer service. It’s really a shame because there are only two places in CT that we like to order from and they both lost our business this weekend.
- This is a picture of the paparazzi that have been on my block all week, stalking Orlando Bloom.
I’d never really seen paparazzi in action before, but these people are seriously as bad as celebrities claim they are. They are rude and pushy and they don’t give the guy a break for a second. So here’s a question…does taking a picture of the paparazzi count as irony?
- And lastly…I will leave you with the creepiest mannequin ever. She’s been haunting my dreams. Thanks for that Barney’s.