It’s cold and that seems to be all anyone can talk about. People on the train seem to be particularly fond of making dorky “Is it cold enough for you?” jokes. Me…I’m over it. I’m over the cold, but even more so I’m over discussing it. And I’m really over the jokes. Unfortunately, it seems the cold has frozen my ability to write well…so when I saw this list of questions on Kelly’s blog yesterday I thought it was the perfect thing to do today. So thank you, Kelly, for the inspiration.
Now I give you 48 more things you never really wanted to know about me…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I was not named after anyone specific. My mom heard my name and loved it and the rest was history.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I’m a huge crier. I cry all the time. Most recently…this morning on the train as I read the book about a girl who was the sole survivor of the car crash that killed her whole family. She’s sort of suspended and she has to decide whether she wants to stay or whether she wants to go. It’s a great book called If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Nope, never have.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Baloney. Always has been, always will be. And no…I don’t care to hear what they use to make baloney.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Two…of the furry persuasion.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably, though I’m told that I can be a bitch and I can come across as being a bit standoffish at first. But I think I’m a pretty nice person, so yes, I’d be friends with me.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? It’s my most commonly spoken language in my house, yes.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope. Had those suckers removed at age 6.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh, hell no. I have a paralyzing fear of heights and just answering this question is making my heart race a bit.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Corn Pops or Apple Jacks. I like my cereal to be super healthy like that.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I think so, yes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Baskin Robbins Rocky Road or Breyer’s Strawberry or Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla Health Bar Crunch.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their hair.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My tendency to be lazy. I always have big plans…but my desire to sit on the couch wins way too often.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My grandmother.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST? Polishing the nails on my right hand. That’s a technique, right?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A scrambled egg and a piece of toast.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My coworker flipping papers on her desk…and the Lumineers song that is stuck in my head.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? For the record, I think this is a dumb question…but my favorite color is cornflower blue, so I’m going to go with that.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Maple syrup, garlic and babies when they wake up from a nap.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU? Kelly thought this was a dumb question and so do I. Whose political views aren’t important to them?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Beach house.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? College basketball.
27. HAIR COLOR? A sort of reddish-brown with blond highlights.
28. EYE COLOR? Green.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope…I hate them. Glasses for me.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza, Chinese food and cake.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary, for sure. Not bloody, gross horror…but really good, psychological thriller.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Ted…and while it wasn’t my favorite movie ever, I really liked it.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Wearing a black dress.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Fall is my favorite, but I prefer winter over summer.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cupcakes.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? Cardio.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Television.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I just finished If I Stay by Gayle Forman and now I’m moving on to the sequel Where She Went. They are excellent…go read them.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? “Freak out and throw stuff”…I’m not a “Keep calm and carry on” kind of girl.
40. FAVORITE SOUND? Again…I’m calling this question dumb.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC? I don’t have a favorite. I like almost everything.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Europe.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can bake really well.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? New York.
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? New York.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? Red brick.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? Black. I know…my clothes are black and my car is black. What can I say…I’m a stereotypical New Yorker.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS? It was perfect for today.
Thanks for sticking around through all that. Now…who’s next?