I finally feel better. I can breathe out of both nostrils and I can lift my head off the pillow without crying from pain. Aside from the annoying cough that will probably hang around for another few weeks, I’m feeling really good. So let me catch you up on what I’ve been doing since the new year started…
- I de-Christmased the house. I love the way the house looks decorated for Christmas and I would probably leave the tree up until 4th of July. But I was going away for the weekend and J
threatenedoffered to take it down while I was gone. Since the ornaments are really delicate and I actually wanted to have them next year, I just took everything down before I left. The house felt sad and empty for a few days, but I am really happy to have everything organized and put away.
- We had a post-Christmas celebration at J’s parents’ house. We didn’t get to see J’s family for Christmas this year, so we had a post-Christmas dinner. My niece and nephews are so freaking adorable and my youngest nephew has started walking! Time is going too fast.
- I took a trip to Virginia to see my bestie and her little man (and her bigger man, also). The exciting news is that the Millers now live close enough that I can drive to see them. This is huge news for me and I was so happy to get to take a quick road trip for some quality girl/baby time. The first day I was there, E cried every time I looked at him. But he warmed up to me and by the end of the weekend we were the best of friends.
- I got to see a giant statue of Mary and a big gold Buddha during my trip. I think these speak for themselves…
- Ally and I baked a Samoa cake. You’ve seen the recipe on Pinterest, I’m sure. The cake is supposed to taste like the Samoa Girl Scout cookies in all their caramel, chocolatey goodness. And this cake…was heavenly. It was a little involved and it took a while to make…but it’s really rich and a little goes a long way. So make the cake…it will last and it’s totally worth it.
- We also watched Pitch Perfect. I love movies like this and this one did not disappoint. It was aca-awesome…and I think I have a crush on Anna Kendrick now.
- I finally carved the pumpkin I bought at Halloween. It only took three and a half months. And also…I couldn’t find the pumpkin carving kit I bought in October. So I improvised and while the design is certainly not anything special…that really wasn’t the point. I added this task to my 101 list because I thought I needed some whimsy in my life. So I dove in and got my hands dirty and it was really fun.
- I hung up all the art that has been laying all over my house for the last 6 months. It took forever to figure out where to place everything and then to actually measure and hang everything. There are still some things at the framers and there are still a few pieces to hang, but so far it looks great and I’m loving it.
And that brings us to today. I got really lazy over the holidays and I’ve been slacking on a lot of things, including this blog. The rest of the month and all of February are going to be dedicated to getting my shit together again and stop being so lazy. We are going to stop eating garbage and start exercising again, keep the house cleaner and not let the laundry pile up to a mountain, stop sleeping an extra 30 minutes and getting to work late…and most importantly, I’m going to make sure I spend more time here. I’m tired just thinking about it. Stay tuned to see if I’m successful!