Here we are, back at Friday. This week flew by…I can’t even believe it. The weather here has been gorgeous, but we are expecting a cold, rainy weekend. Personally, I’m looking forward to it. It will be a good excuse to stay inside and get to all the things lingering on my to-do list. It’s also a good excuse to lay on the couch and take naps. I’m going to try for a nice balance of both.
So let’s move things right along and get this weekend started. Here are this week’s random musings…
- Why does everyone care so much about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie getting engaged? The other day the news said that this is just like having our very own royal wedding. Except…no, it isn’t. These two are just movie stars…they aren’t the future king and queen of the country. I’m not saying that when they do eventually have a wedding I won’t look at the pictures in People Magazine…because I will. I’m just saying that I don’t understand why people are acting like this is the biggest news of the century. It’s not. And also…the ring is ugly. I would think that after spending a year designing it, Brad could have come up with something a little nicer. I’m just saying…
- Why was it such a big deal that Hillary Clinton went out for beer and dancing in Columbia? The headline of the Daily News said “Swillary” or some such nonsense. When I saw that I thought she’d gotten wasted and went out and made a fool of herself somewhere. But all she did was go out with some of her staff, have a drink and dance a little. Like a normal person. Maybe I’m missing why this was such a big deal. Or maybe it was just a slow news day.
- I feel kind of bad for Pippa Middleton. She didn’t choose for her sister to marry into the royal family. It doesn’t seem fair to her that there is all this scrutiny now on everything she does. She is a single adult and she went to a raunchy party and stayed out until 5AM. I don’t get why that’s so horrible? I understand the whole thing about her friend pointing a gun at the papparazzi…that was not good. But if she wants to go out partying until the wee hours of the morning…isn’t that her business?
- Some birds flew into the engine of a plane taking off at JFK yesterday. One got sucked into the engine, destroying it, and the plane had to make an emergency landing. I hate hearing stories like this a week before I have to get on a plane. What I hate even more is when they news shows statistics about how many people have died in plane crashes caused by birds flying into the engine. There are something like 115 bird strikes a year at JFK and I don’t remember the exact number of people who died because of these strikes…but it was enough that it freaked me out. And now I’m actively keeping myself from looking up how often this happens at La Guardia…where I’m leaving from next week. Please remind me why I watch the news again!
- I love it when a plan comes together. Robyn and Phil are coming to NY for a visit next month and I’ve been trying to think of something we can do while they are here to make their trip special. Everything I had tried to plan fell through…no tickets to Book of Mormon, no Yankee tickets, no attending a taping of a TV show. I was very frustrated. Then I got an email…there is a company called Underground Eats that offers unique culinary experiences and the week of Robyn and Phil’s visit, UE is putting on a Breaking Bad themed dinner. It just so happens that Robyn and Phil are HUGE Breaking Bad fans. I immediately went to the site to purchase tickets, only to find that it was sold out. But after a desperate email with begging, I was able to secure us three tickets! And now they will end their trip with a very unique dining experience…and I no longer feel so bad about not being able to fulfill any of their other requests!
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!
Now it’s your turn. Grab the button, link up below and tell me your random musings.