Wow…I really stink at getting these posts up early. At least this time I have a really good excuse…
You guys know Brooke, right? Well, if you don’t…you should. Brooke is awesome. And Brooke was in New Jersey last night. So I braved the traffic in the Lincoln Tunnel and on the NJ Turnpike, and I met Brooke for dinner. We had a great time and I was so sad when it got late and I had to go home. I’m really hoping she comes back to visit soon.
So…that’s my excuse for not getting this post up earlier…I was too busy hanging out with Brooke last night. But I’m here now…so let’s get to the random musings…
- This morning on the way into the office, I saw a woman vacuuming the sidewalk out in front of her store. Now…this was one of the more exclusive stores on Madison Avenue. But vacuuming the sidewalk??? That seems a little over the top to me. Also…it makes me feel like my house is not nearly clean enough and I should go home immediately and vacuum. Twice.
- I’ve started watching Mad Men from the beginning of the series. I love it, but it has an unfortunate side effect…it makes me want to smoke. Seriously…all they do is smoke on that show and they all look so glamorous doing it. I am an ex-smoker and once I quit I never had the urge to go back to it…until Sunday night. We just so happen to have cigarettes in a drawer in the kitchen (thanks to J) and they were calling to me. Luckily, I resisted the temptation long enough to remember that I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.
- I was looking at my stats the other day and reviewing the list of search terms that people used to find my blog. That always amuses me. What I found was that a lot of people search “how to dry off after a shower without getting the bathroom wet” or some variation of that. I find that amazing…because, really, how hard is it to dry off after a shower??? Is this really something that people have to research on the internet? I find it fascinating and worrisome all at the same time.
- Lotto fever is sweeping the country and it’s all they talk about on the news. And like with any news story that they discuss ad nauseam, they have come up with the most ridiculous statistics about the lottery. My favorite so far was this…if you circle the globe stopping every minute to buy a lottery ticket, you would have to circle the globe seven thousand times in order to accumulate enough tickets to guarantee that you have every available combination. How did someone even come up with that? It might be the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard.
- Speaking of the lottery…another news reported suggested this morning that instead of luck, what you really need is know-how and strategy. I know that there are a lot of ideas out there about strategies to increase your odds of winning…but the lottery is a random drawing. Random. There is no way to plan for it and no one method of picking numbers will give you better odds than any other. I really hope someone wins this drawing…because I don’t think I can go through another week of hearing this silly stories.
That’s it for me this week. I’m off to buy myself some lottery tickets. If you played…good luck…and I hope you won’t be too disappointed when I win!
Have a great weekend…and make sure you grab the button above and link up below…