I realize that I should probably get these Friday posts up a bit earlier since I’m doing a link up now…and I did plan to get this one up last night. But my internet had other plans. Maybe next week it will cooperate. Until then…here are this week’s random musings…
- As much as I’ve loved Jenny Craig, I’ve been following the plan for a year now and I’m sick of the food. Last week, I decided I needed to switch back to regular food and that I wanted to follow the Weight Watchers plan to help ease that transition…you know, so I don’t go hog-wild and re-gain every pound I lost. I went to my first meeting on Saturday and there was an awful lot of talk about alcohol. At one point, one of the guys in the back piped up and said…in his adorable Irish brogue…”This is starting to feel like a different kind of meeting”. Everyone cracked up at that and we moved on. Then another member did a Zumba demonstration for us. It was the most entertained I’ve been at 8:30 on a Saturday morning in quite a while!
- One of my co-workers has a gift certificate to Saks Fifth Avenue so she was perusing their website at lunch one day. She went to the section for “Work Dresses” and found they were all priced in the $2,500 – $3,000 range. Her response…”Where the hell do these women work???” And seriously…who can afford a wardrobe like that???
- Every day at 11 AM we hear a horse neighing…and we all break into hysterical laughter…because we have no idea where the noise is coming from. We are too far away from Central Park to hear the horses there and there are no mounted cops in this neighborhood. We are DYING to know what is up with this horse. So today…we are going to stand outside on the stoop from 10:45 to 11:15 to see if we can figure out where this horse is coming from.
- It’s been pretty rainy this week and this guy was in Grand Central buying an umbrella from a vendor. As he was checking out each umbrella, he was opening them and putting them over his head…indoors!!! If you aren’t superstitious that probably doesn’t seem like a big deal…but I am and I was having a heart attack at how many times this guy put open umbrellas over his head. When it came time for me to pass him, I walked as far away as I could…after all, I didn’t want any of that bad luck to rub off on me!
And finally…my favorite of the week…
- There is a commercial that I hear every morning…for the United Federation of Teachers…extolling the virtues of teachers in NY and condemning politicians for attacking the teachers union. There is one woman in the commercial who says “I’m a coach…a friend…a menta…” and every time I hear it I cringe. A menta??? Really??? I understand that this is NY, but you are a teacher…would it kill you to enunciate??? After all…you are a MENTOR…kids are looking up to you…and you are teaching a whole generation of children how to speak improperly. It’s no wonder everyone thinks all New Yorkers talk like the Sopranos.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Don’t forget to grab the button and link up below…and tell all your friends to do it too!!!