I’ve decided to dedicate all of today’s random musings to Whitney Houston…because I don’t think anyone is really paying attention to the fact that she died and no one is talking about her enough.
HA! Just kidding. I’m not sure if it’s been like this everywhere or if they are only doing it here because she was from New Jersey…but the top story on every newscast is about Whitney. I’m pretty sure there are more important things going on in the world right now…move on news people.
I’m moving on as well…here are my real random musings of the week…
- One little letter in a sentence can make a big difference. I read a headline the other day that said “Invention gets couple shot on TV”. I clicked over to the article thinking it was going to be some kind of reality TV debacle where someone maybe shot someone else for stealing their invention. That is not at all what happened. The story was about a couple who got A shot on the show Shark Tank. The article turned out to be very boring…not that I want people to get shot on TV or anything. I’m just saying…maybe my local newspaper needs to do a better job with grammar.
- There is a new Woody Harrelson movie and every morning while I’m getting ready for work I see the commercial. The line they show is Woody saying “I’m not predjudiced…I hate all people equally.” Every morning that line cracks me up.
- I always find it amusing when I’m walking to work in the morning and I see men walking little tiny dogs in coats. It seems like the bigger the guy is, the smaller the dog. My favorite was the guy I saw who could have seriously been a football player walking a tiny little yorkie wearing a pink puffy coat and a polka dot bow in her hair. I always wonder if these guys are being forced to walk these dogs by their wives or if they are the ones dressing the dogs up this way.
- While watching CNBC I heard the following quote “The US economy always does well in a year when there is an American model on the cover of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.” And they guy who said it was dead serious. I understand that these people are on TV all day and have to talk constantly. I understand that they probably run out of meaningful things to discuss. But really??? The swimsuit edition influences the entire US economy? I don’t think so.
And lastly…a doozie…
- As we were leaving the crematorium after my grandmother’s service we noticed the brochure on the back table. One by one, we were all stunned by its sheer creepiness and by the time we all got outside we were giggling over it like idiots. I like to think that it was one last joke that my grandmother left for us so we didn’t feel sad. There’s no possible way to describe it to you…so let me show you…
I get what they were trying to go for here…the couple was together as little kids and now they are old and they are still together and now they are going to be cremated together. Or something like that. But I think they missed the mark on their message. To me…what I get that the little kids cremated the grandparents and threw the ashes in the trunk of the car. Maybe that’s just me. What do you think?
That’s it for this week. Don’t forget to grab the button and link up below! Have a great weekend everyone.