Happy Friday. Even happier for me…today is payday! And even happier yet…I forgot it was payday until this morning…so it was a really nice surprise to get cash and see the lovely balance in my account. I love payday. I think I’m going to go out after work and buy the leopard flats I’ve had my eye on. Then I’m going to spend the rest of my weekend doing all the craft projects I’ve been pinning on Pinterest…which I’m totally addicted to.
Anyway…this week’s random musings…
- The other night J was sitting at his computer and, out of nowhere, he looked at me and said “You’re really pretty.” I appreciated the compliment…though it seemed rather odd. compliments like that aren’t really J’s style. I offered up a tentative “Thank you” and he continued with “Yeah…you’ve really aged well”. Um…thanks? So I asked where all this was coming from. Turns out…he was looking at a photo of a fraternity brother who had married his college sweetheart…and she apparently didn’t age well. So J was feeling lucky that I haven’t turned into an old hag. I guess I’m flattered.
- I told that story above to the women in my office. One woman…who is the queen of bizarre comments…told me that I do, in fact, have “a nice face structure”. Once she told me that my skin looked “very clean”…as opposed to looking dirty normally??? And another day she commented on my cleavage, though I don’t remember what she said specifically because I have blocked the whole incident from my memory. I guess it’s just the week of odd compliments.
- Last night I found J doing research on how to start a blog. He said he’s tired of me using all his “material” on my blog and he wants to start his own. I’m not sure whether he’s actually going to go through with it…but I’ll keep you posted. Because I assure you…if he starts a blog, it will be hilarious.
- It’s been cold here this week and I started wearing tights on Tuesday. Since Tuesday, I’ve managed to tear three pairs. I’ve done each one the same way…I put my finger right through them while I was putting them on. Three pairs…right into the garbage. If this keeps up, it’s going to be a very expensive winter.
- I was watching TV the other night and I realized that Martha Plimpton is in a new show in which she plays a grandmother. When did that happen??? When did Martha Plimpton…who is only 5 years older than me…become old enough to play a grandmother??? I find this very depressing.
Well…that’s it for this week’s random musings. Have a fabulous weekend and stay tuned for a post about all my new craft projects.