You know how I’m always on the hunt for a new career? Well, Meaghan from The Twenties Roar posted a quote the other day and I’ve been thinking about it ever since…
“The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.” – Jessica Hische
It’s interesting…because it’s true. When you are procrastinating, you do things that you really enjoy in order to avoid doing things you detest. So you should look at what you really enjoy and make a career out of that. Easy, right?
So I made a list of the things I do while procrastinating…
- I watch TV. I love Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds and sitcoms. I also really like the new show, Revenge, about the girl who goes to the Hamptons to get…well, revenge.
- I watch movies. About anything and everything. Comedies, dramas, documentaries…I will watch any movie about anything.
- I read books. And magazines. I prefer chic lit and celebrity gossip…but I’ll read almost anything.
- I blog…and read other people’s blogs.
- I decorate my house. I love redecorating a room using only new paint, some artwork and a few well-chosen accessories.
- I nap. I was never a napper as a teenager, but now there is nothing more delicious than a midday nap. I guess I’m just getting old.
- I crochet. Generally, only things that are square…but I’m getting better.
- I go on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
Anyone know how to turn any of that into a career???
What do you do when you are procrastinating?