The other day I watched High Fidelity. Have you seen that movie? It’s great…and John Cusack is in it, which makes it even better. And the best scene is at the end when Jack Black…well…I don’t want to ruin it if you haven’t seen it yet. But it’s about a guy who owns a record store and throughout the movie they make several top 5 lists. For example…top 5 musical crimes perpetrated by Stevie Wonder in the 80s and 90s and top 5 most memorable breakups. Seriously…it’s great. Go watch it.
While I was watching the movie I thought…hmmm, maybe I should do a post about top 5 lists. Then I thought…hmmm, maybe I should do a weekly top 5 list. And thus…Top Five Tuesday was born. My plan is to post a new top 5 list each week and I’m open to topic suggestions.
This week’s list…
Top 5 Reasons I’m Glad the New TV Season Has Started…
- No more reruns of Wipeout…J loves Wipeout and he has several episodes saved on the DVR. When there is nothing on, he will put on an episode of Wipeout…one that we’ve, no doubt, seen 10 times already. I’m sick of Wipeout. I’m also sick of Swamp Loggers, Ice Road Truckers, American Pickers, House Hunters and This Old House. Now that there is new TV, we’ll have other options…thank God.
- Lots of relationship drama without actually having relationship drama…J and I have had our share of drama in the past, but now we are just a normal, boring couple. Sometimes I miss the excitement of the drama, but I have no interest in reliving it in real life. Instead, I can experience it through television. Will Meredith and Derek get divorced? Will Castle and Beckett ever get over their issues and just get together already? Is Violet really going to get on that plane and leave Pete having a heart attack on the floor??? See…all the excitement…but when my show is over I am left with none of the drama. Perfect.
- Carson Kressley will make my life a little more fabulous…Carson is bringing his sparkle to Dancing With The Stars this year and, seriously, I could just watch him dance all night. He wasn’t the best dancer of the night last night, but he was certainly the most entertaining. And the most sparkly. I hope he stays around for a while.
- I have something to do on the nights that J is in CT…Over the summer, those nights were really boring and filled with repeats or movies I’ve seen a million times. I hated having J gone because I had nothing to do. Now I will have lots of shows to watch and I won’t be bored.
- I will finally get to find out who Barney marries…I hope…because the suspense has been killing me all summer.
And a side note…I really had high hopes for Two and a Half Men…but it was terrible.
Are you excited for fall TV? What is your favorite show?