I went to the midnight show of Harry Potter last night and the movie was great. A fantastic ending. If you are a fan, you will not be disappointed.
And that is all I will say about that. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone.
Since I came home at 3:30AM and had to get up at 7 to take care of the dogs and make a few work calls…I’m a little tired. So I’m just going to jump right into this week’s random musings…
- I read Glamour magazine every month. It’s one of the few magazines I still subscribe to and I really enjoy it. But sometimes it makes me feel really old! I’ll read a tip in there about making your eyes less puffy after a night of partying and I’ll realize that it’s been a really long time since I stayed up all night partying. I mean…in order to go to a midnight movie I have to take two days off work and nap during the day…first, so I don’t fall asleep during the movie and the next day to recover from staying up so late! Maybe I’m getting too old to read Glamour.
- On Tuesday night the bus was really crowded, but there were a few seats available. One of the seats was next to me. A pretty big guy got on the bus and, of course, sat right next to me. Or I should say…he practically sat right on my lap. Then he proceeded to elbow me every two minutes while he played a game on his iPad. Then…about halfway through the ride, he abruptly put his iPad away and sat still the rest of the way home. When he finally got off the bus, the man sitting on his other side told me that he finally got annoyed with being elbowed and he elbowed back. That explains the sudden sitting still I guess. I’m going to have to try that next time some rude person sits next to me.
- Sometimes J and I have entire conversations through the dogs. He’ll ask one of them a question and I’ll answer for the dog. It amuses us a great deal…but I’m glad no one can see us. I’m sure we look totally nuts!
- Speaking of the dogs…the backyard in CT is not fenced in and sometimes it’s like wild kingdom up there. At various times we’ve had wild turkeys, groundhogs, rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels and deer walking around back there. Needless to say, the dogs do not like this and the deer have become enemy #1. If you ask the dogs where the deer are, they run to the back window and go absolutely berserk…barking and jumping…even if there are no deer in the yard. I worry what will happen if one ever decides to take a stroll through the yard while we’re outside.
And lastly…we have my absolute favorite of the week…
- Last night, on the way back to CT after the movie I had to get off the highway to get gas. As I was driving down the street to get back on highway, a car pulled up next to me and honked his horn. I ignored him. Just before the highway entrance, I stopped for a red light and the guy pulled up next to me again and honked his horn. I looked over and he was pointing, so I thought maybe he was trying to tell me something was wrong with my car and I rolled down the window. He was very clearly drunk and he slurred “So…where are you coming from?” I couldn’t believe it. I said something along the lines of “Give me a fucking break” and rolled up my window. He took off and blew through the red light and a cop came out of nowhere and pulled him over. I giggled at his stupidity, silently thanked the cop for taking a drunken idiot off the road and went on my way. Did he really think that pick up line was going to work???
And that’s what happened this week.
For today…I have a very big day planned…right now I’m going to eat breakfast. Then I’m going to take a nap. When I wake up, I’m going to my mom’s to float around in the pool. It’s going to be a tough day, but I think I can handle it!
Have a great weekend everyone.