Hello. I’m back. Sorry for the brief hiatus and thank you to everyone who called or emailed to make sure I wasn’t trapped under something heavy or kidnapped by aliens.
I’m fine. Last week was just really busy and when I got home every night all I wanted to do was watch TV and not think. I was not motivated or inspired and instead of just popping in here with some half-assed attempt at a post, I just took a little vacation.
As for what I was doing while I was on hiatus…
- I had drinks with Charlotte from My Pixie Blog. We had a great conversation over some delicious wine. We also checked out the boys at the bar…not for me…for Charlotte of course! Unfortunately, none of them were worthy.
- I got a call from my boss that started “Can you do me a really big favor?”. I knew right away that it wasn’t good…because I work for him…he doesn’t have to ask me for favors…it’s my job to do what he needs. A favor meant that he was going to dump something on me that wasn’t within the scope of my job. So, I spent a large part of my week last week walking another employee through the process of buying her first house. It was fun and when we got an accepted offer the woman was so excited and I was so happy for her. But it was a huge amount of work on top of my regular work.
- I went to the midnight premiere of the new Harry Potter movie on Thursday night…which means I got to cross another thing off my 101 list. I also learned that I am far too old to go to the movies at midnight. I could barely keep myself awake during the show. I got home at 3:30 and had to get up at 6:30 and I was completely wrecked all weekend. I’m still recovering.
- I completely changed my hair color. I’ve been blondish for about two years now and my hairdresser and I were both over the blond. So I’m back to being a very dark brunette and I LOVE IT! Great decision.
- J and I looked at a house in CT…twice. Now that moving is looking like a very real possibility, I’m having really mixed feelings about it. Even though we hate our neighborhood and our neighbors, I love my house. I love the CT neighborhood and the property the house is on, but the house is awful. If we do buy it, there will be major construction in my future. I’m just not sure I’m going to be able to be happy about it. I’ll keep you all posted.
- Speaking of the house…we cleaned the house all day yesterday. We moved furniture and vacuumed every nook and cranny…including inside the heating ducts. We scrubbed and polished and dusted and scrubbed some more. We managed to remove all traces of dog hair from the entire second floor and I think it would be tough finding even a speck of dust up there. The first floor is still a work in progress, but it’s coming along.
- I started my Christmas shopping list, though I’m still not done with it. I have to finish it this week so I can plan out my Black Friday shopping. I also have to give J my Christmas list…and I have no clue what I want this year. Any suggestions?
- I planned out some posts for the next month and a half because I know it’s going to be busy and I don’t want another week-long hiatus. Now I just have to get them all written!
As you can see…I was busy. But I’m back now. Sorry for the slacking.
How was everyone else’s week?