Individual tax returns that were put on extension in April are now due this Friday. So once again the taxes are killing me. But this time, I don’t have the saving grace of an extension, so it’s busy at work and it sucks. October 1st – October 15th are my two least favorite weeks of the year.
Luckily, Brooke from Building a Kingston Castle tagged me yesterday and this post practically wrote itself! Here are Brooke’s questions and my answers…
1. Do you like sports or do you want to murder-train them? Which sports are your favorite, if you do like them? I used to be a huge basketball fan…until the NBA strike when I realized the players were just a bunch of whiney babies. I stopped watching after that. As for baseball…I like to watch the Yankees if it’s an exciting game. I’ve been to games that were more boring than watching paint dry and that I can’t handle. I was never a big fan of football, but now that we have season tickets I’m getting more interested in it. Though I don’t think I will ever be a die-hard fan.
2. Which is better, chocolate or vanilla? Tough question. Really it depends on my mood and on the food in question. Sometimes it depends on the brand of the food in question. For example, if we are talking Breyer’s ice cream, the answer is chocolate. If we are talking Edy’s, it’s vanilla. My preferred cake flavor is chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. However, I don’t really like vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. I’m complex, people.
3. What was your favorite vacation you’ve ever taken? Hands down, when J and I went to Disney 10 years ago. We had a great time…taking pictures with the characters, going on the rides, pushing little kids out of our way so we could be the first in line. I’m kidding about that last part…sort of. We were like kids running around there and we had such a great time.
4. If you could go the rest of your life without hearing about ONE celebrity or public figure, like if that person ceased to exist, which person would it be? There are way too many to choose just one. Heidi and Spencer are always at the top of the list. The cast of Jersey Shore. The Kardashians. The Hilton sisters. Although I guess if we are talking the very top of that list it’s got to be Lindsey Lohan. That girl is wasting her life and her talent and she’s blown chance after to chance to get herself clean. I’ve completely lost my patience for her.
5. Do you enjoy TV watching, and if so, what’s your all time favorite show? Again with the hard questions. I am a tv junkie and I have a million favorite shows. It’s impossible to choose just one. The ones currently at the top of the list are Grey’s Anatomy, Castle, Dancing with the Stars and How I Met Your Mother. If we are talking all time we have to add ER, Lost, Mad About You, Will and Grace, early seasons of Two and Half Men (you know, back when it was funny) and Friends.
6. What’s your favorite kind of music? My tastes are very eclectic. I like everything and it’s not unusual for my playlist to go from James Taylor to Metallica to Led Zepplin to Frank Sinatra. But classic rock is my favorite.
So there you have it…6 fun facts about me. Please feel free to play along.
Also, make sure you stop by and see Brooke this week…it’s her anniversary week and she’s doing a bunch of giveaways to mark the occasion.
Oh…and don’t forget about my own little gifting event…an apron of your choice from Creative Chics. Entering is as easy as leaving a comment with extra entries if you mention this on your own site.
I hope everyone is having a great week!