I am running sooooo late today. The weather here has been nuts the last few days and the worst of it was this morning…during rush hour. We’ve gotten something like 4 inches of rain since 5AM and everything is flooded. I would have gotten to work faster if I had a boat. As it was, I spent almost two hours on the bus…which was super awesome. Because you know how much I love the bus! It did give me today’s first random musing though…
- There is this woman I see on the bus sometimes that I don’t like. She’s rude and nasty and she really rubs me the wrong way. I had the pleasure today of sitting right across from her and I noticed that he kept reaching inside her shirt. I was reading so I was seeing all this from the corner of my eye. When she was standing to get off the bus I looked up and realized that he was pulling her cell phone out to check the time and then putting it back. The holder was clipped to her bra. If that’s not class, I don’t know what is.
- The other night, J came home around 11PM. We were talking on the phone while he was driving (he was using a hands-free device!) and we hung up when he pulled into the driveway. I was in the bedroom watching TV. I heard J activate the car alarm and expected to hear the door open, but I heard nothing. For 10 minutes. Finally I went downstairs to see what was up. Apparently, the neighbor popped up out of nowhere when J was walking down the driveway to apologize for the smoke alarm beeping issue. They get to chatting and J finds out that the neighbor is doing some repair work to the walkway in front of his house…at 11PM. But hey…whatever works, right? Except, the guy was doing the work in his underwear. Boxers. Wife-beater. Socks. Sandals. Seriously. That’s just not necessary. Put some pants on dude. No one wants to see that.
- There is a teacher in the Bronx who apparently went onto Huffington Post this week and admitted that she was a prostitute before she was a teacher. She used her real name and her photo. Now everyone is all in an uproar about it and parents are calling for her to be fired. I’m not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand…good for her for going to school, getting a masters and bettering her life. Also, bravo for her honesty. On the other hand…what kind of idiot uses their real name when discussing this and doesn’t realize that their students are going to find out and that it’s going to become a problem? I think I’d probably call for her firing, too…not because she was a prostitute, but because she has no common sense.
- My friend and co-worker is in the hospital right now in labor. She called me earlier to give me an update on how things are progressing. While we were talking she was eating ice chips and the crunching was driving me nuts. I wanted to ask her to stop, but I thought that was kind of bad…you know, denying a woman in labor her ice chips. So I sucked it up. But man was I relieved when she said she had to go because the doctor came in. That probably makes me a terrible person.
And lastly…I have an item that is kind of sad…as it signals the end of humanity as we know it…
- Snooki is writing a book. A novel about falling in love on the boardwalk. Until recently this chick hadn’t even read a book…ever…and now she’s going to write one. I’m not even sure what to say about this. I think I have to go sit in the corner and rock back and forth while holding my head and crying. The worst part is…you know it’s going to fly off the shelves. I seriously hope this is a joke.
I hope that last bit didn’t ruin your weekend. If you are on the east coast and experiencing this same shitastic weather…I’m really sorry and I hope you dry out soon. Happy weekend everyone!