Happy Friday! I remembered to take notes this week…yay! Here’s what I noticed/saw/thought about this week…
- J watched Monday’s Real Housewives of NJ with me. Well…he watched for 10 minutes and then went upstairs. He was there for the part where Theresa said to Danielle “I didn’t grow up in Franklin Lakes…I’m from Patterson, Bitch!” It’s his new favorite line. Whenever I’m doing something annoying he says “Don’t mess with me…I’m from Patterson…you know what that means.” Then he laughs. This cracks me up. Because I’m not really sure what being from Patterson means. Anyone? Is it a rough neighborhood?
- There is a guy who gets on the bus every morning who is always still getting dressed. Usually he’s tying his tie still or tucking in his shirt. Tuesday we reached new levels of undress. He got on the bus with his t-shirt untucked, his dress shirt on, but totally unbuttoned, his tie in his mouth and he was just doing up his belt. I mean…I like to sleep a few extra minutes in the morning too, but seriously…this guy needs to set his alarm a little earlier.
- There seem to be a lot of kids on the train commuting into the city for summer internships. I don’t remember this many last year. Last night, two of these kids sat behind me and I got to listen to their conversation. One kid started talking about a woman he was working for who was from Canada. He was making fun of her accent and described all of the funny things she said during the day. The other kid was sitting in disbelieving silence until he said “So wait…you mean she’s from Canada but she lives here?” His tone was the same one I would have used if I said “You mean she’s from Mars?” Robyn recently posted about finding this attitude about Canadians when she visited the states and now I know what she meant. I still don’t understand it. Robyn is awesome. So is Cher. Come on people…Canadians rock!
- We are currently house-hunting and we have recently looked at several houses that are currently being rented. The tenants have given us the hardest time about seeing the houses. I went to see one the other day and the people were WIERD. Seriously. They followed us around the house like we were going to steal something. It made me really uncomfortable and I was hesitant to open closets and look in the bathrooms. Luckily, my realtor is really pushy so she did it. Now I want to take J back to see it and they are being difficult about the timing. We’ve had to reach out to the owner to see if they could do anything. There was another house that I really liked also…but the tenants gave us such a hard time when I wanted to bring J back that we said forget it and the owner lost a potential sale. PSA…if you are going to rent out your house, make sure you put something in the lease that says the tenants have to co-operate with the sales efforts.
- Today is my boss’s birthday and we just ordered cupcakes for him. Wasn’t that sweet of us? Yeah, it wasn’t. It was purely selfish. We just really wanted cupcakes and this gave us a good excuse to get them. We ordered good ones, with lots of yummy frosting in flavors that we like. We don’t even know if he likes cupcakes. We are selfish bitches.
I had that whole post written and when I went to publish it, it disappeared. I had to re-type the whole thing. I hate technology.
Anyway…that’s it for me for this week. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. See you Monday!