Obviously, I’m pretty new to the world of blogging. I started this blog so I could have a place to ramble on about my thoughts and opinions…of which I have many. It was something I did for myself and I really wasn’t sure if anyone would ever read it…especially since I’ve hardly told anyone about it. For reasons that are complicated and possibly nuts, I’m not necessarily comfortable having my friends and family reading it, so I’ve only told my best friend and my sister-in-law. So I never really expected huge readership.
I did tell one other person about it. After my first few posts, I sent my link over to one of my favorite bloggers…Salt over at Salt Says. She was amazingly supportive and helpful to me in getting this blog started and she faithfully visits me daily and comments on all my posts. She’s awesome and advise anyone who hasn’t to go read her blog immediately. Or, well, immediately afer reading mine!
Ok, so I was off yesterday and out running errands and then later had my brother and sister-in-law over for some dinner and financial planning (they want to buy a house…we were making a plan). I barely got onto my computer the entire day. But I did notice a ton of emails on my crackberry and was happy, yet confused, to see so that several were alerting me to new comments on my blog.
When I was finally able to get online last night, I headed over to visit Salt and I understood why so many people were coming to visit me…because she sent them, of course! She so kindly bestowed upon me my first blog award:
I’m so thrilled that she felt that my little infant blog was deserving of such an honor!
So the rules are that I have to tell you seven interesting things about myself and then pass this award along to someone else I think is a beautiful blogger. I promise to try to make these as interesting as possible:
- Despite the fact that I am NOT a runner, in 2007 I ran a half marathon. I did it with the support of Team in Training and to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I had watched a friend go from being to weak to get out of bed during her chemo to running a marathon in less than a year and decided that my lazy ass had no more excuses. I haven’t run since that day, but it was a great experience.
- I find it fascinating when my dogs dream. They will be laying all peaceful and still one minute and the next they will be running or wagging their tales. I always wonder if they are dreaming about playing with their toys or chasing squirrels.
- I have a tatoo, which I got at 17, after watching my mother get one. It was a total mother-daughter bonding moment. I only still have the one…she’s up to three.
- When I was 22 I had a brief but torrid affair with my boss, who was 39. Well, technically it was just after I stopped working for him. It’s a LONG story, but basically, he had just gotten divorced and I had just gotten dumped and it just happened. Small company, huge scandal. Maybe someday I’ll tell you all the details.
- I spent a night sleeping on the sidewalk outside the Tower Records on West 4th Street in NYC. They were giving away Bob Dylan tickets. My best friend and I took blankets and our neighbor, Brandon, who was supposed to be our protection. We all fell asleep and we woke up to some random homeless guy trying to kiss my BF. Our protector was sound asleep and didn’t even wake up in the ensuing commotion – so much help he was!
- I am a concert junkie and I’ve been to too many to count. My first concert was New Kids on the Block with Tiffany. My favorite band to see is Barenaked Ladies. I’m hoping the rumors I’ve heard about a Rolling Stones tour in the summer are true – I’ve never gotten to see them live.
- I have a horrible singing voice, but when I’m alone in the car I sing, really loudly. I always wonder what other drivers think when they see me driving alone and singing away!
So now you all know just a little more about me. I’m going to pass this awesome award along to Krysten at After “I Do’ because her blog makes me smile, she has an adorable dog and she felt the same way about her husband as I felt about J the other night and that made me feel less homicidal and crazy.
One more thing…since Salt is so awesome, she also gave me a second award, which is one that she just created:
I’m supposed to pass it along to other ladies with awesome blogs. However, Salt already bestowed it upon everyone I would have given it to. So I’m going to hang on to it for a bit and bring it out a little later.
J, in one of his more awesome moments, gifted me with a spa day for Christmas this year. So I’m off to Elizabeth Arden to be pampered and beautified. I hope you all have a fabulous day!